Last semester we launched everybody’s fave, the Women’s Center Scouts! And it was really, really popular.
Like really popular and if you missed out you’re probably feeling a little sad right now. Well, don’t be because we’re rolling out the Women’s Center Scouts Spring Challenge!
We still have the Women’s Center Scouts, but this semester it’ll be a little different. If you haven’t already, start by joining the Women’s Center myUMBC page and following at least one of our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram). If you’re already a member and following one of our pages, great! You’re one step closer.
Now, instead of completing three different Women’s Center events throughout the semester, you’ll be racing to get a Connect 5 on our brand new bingo board (aka Punch the Patriarchy Card)!
- Attend any one Women’s Center event
- Bring a friend to the lounge and give them a tour
- Donate paper towels, tissues, or food to the Women’s Center
- Attend one program before Spring Break Attend one Women’s Center workshop
- Color a coloring page in the Women’s Center
- Bring a friend to a Women’s Center event or group
- Fill out the question of the week on the whiteboard
- Attend one Knowledge Exchange
- Make a ~new~ friend in the Women’s Center!
- Read a Women’s Center blog on womenscenteratumbc.wordpress.com and ask the author a question
- Introduce yourself to a Women’s Center student staff member and learn about their astrological sign
- Free Space (Because We Love You)
- Share a Women’s Center post or event on your social media and tag or mention us!
- Follow us on social media (Facebook | Twitter | Instagram) and comment on one of our posts!
- Attend a Women’s Center Pop Culture Pop-Up (look out for when they’re announced but they’ll always fall on Wednesdays at noon)
- Attend one discussion group (i.e. Between Women, Women of Color Coalition, Returning Women Students, or We Believe You. Not sure if the discussion group is for you? Check out our website to learn more about each group’s purpose and community).
- Attend one Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) event (calendar coming later this semester. All SAAM events will take place in April)
- Celebrate Galentine’s Day with the Women’s Center on 2/13/19
- Donate coffee or tea!
- Check out a book from the Women’s Center Library
- Bring back a book from the Women’s Center library
- Make a Take Back the Night rally sign
- Go to the Clothesline Project Display on 4/8/19 on Main Street
- Attend Trans Day of Visibility film screening on 3/27/19
A few rules! It is completely up to you to track your progress. The Punch the Patriarchy Cards are already printed and ready for you to claim in the Women’s Center. Each person’s card will stay with us at the Women’s Center front desk, but you’re welcome to take a picture to help map your moves and keep track of your progress. When you complete a square, it’s up to you to “punch” it with a pen or marker of your choice. Don’t forget to date the square when it is completed. And finally, we’ll trust you to keep a scouts honor and mark challenges you ~actually~ did complete.
Any UMBC community member who completes the challenge by May 1st gets a Women’s Center T-shirt! If you already have one, you’ll get a shout-out on our social media pages for being a stellar scout (or maybe, just maybe you might be able to get one of our awesome Take Back the Night t-shirts).
All UMBC students, faculty, and staff are welcome to participate!
IT’S BINGO TIME WOMEN’S CENTER STYLE!
For questions, stop by the Women’s Center or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.